Very Important – follow these instructions carefully !
Color retention and proper healing can depend on your (7-Day) home care regimen.
- After you leave the studio, please blot your brows with a clean tissue frequently throughout the day
- That evening please change your pillow case and avoid foods high in sodium or MS
- Over the next several days wash your face with a mild soap, such as Cetaphil, Ivory or Dove, gently lathering the brow area, but not scrubbing
- DO NOT ENCOURAGE PEELING YOU WILL LOSE COLOR
- Use the Organic Caster Oil provided to you at the time of your visit every evening – SPARINGLY
- AVOID EYE MAKE UP FOR 7 DAYS
- Do not wear contact lenses for 48 hours.
- AFTER 48 HOURS simply cleanse and pat dry daily for 5 days.
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- No ointment or creams for eyeliners. You will be healing “dry”.
- If swelling occurs, use the chilled eye pads or frozen vegetable bags.
- Avoid foods high in sodium or those containing MSG.
- Elevate your pillow in bed for the first evening or two.
- Purchase a new mascara once you start wearing cosmetics again.
- FOR THE NEXT SEVEN (7) DAYS:
- If you have a previous history of cold sores use your Valtrex as prescribed.
- Use a fresh pillowcase (but an old one, it may stain).
- Use a straw for all liquids.
- Wash your face using wipes or a cloth to avoid water on your lips for the first 4 days.
- On day 5 use a gentle cleanser, rinse THOROUGHLY, pat dry with clean paper towel.
- DO NOT RUB OR PICK, your lips will feel chapped for up to 3 weeks.
- The color will disappear, and then will “BLOOM” by the 4th week.
This step is very important – keeping the brow and lip skin moist beginning day 5 with an oil base
ointment several times daily will control the amount drying and crusting.
Do NOT… Pick, peel, or scratch as this could cause scarring or removal of color
- For 7 days avoid: excessive sweating, dirty work (lawn mowing), swimming, saunas or Jacuzzi
- Avoid long showers or long baths.
- Keep your face away from shower head during the first 3 weeks.
- Avoid scented soaps, ANY creams or lotions on the pigmented area, wash and apply
- Avoid any type of skin peels or products containing Retin A, Glycolic or exfoliating products over the pigmented area long term.